Sunday, November 4, 2012

Let me introduce myself...

Let me introduce myself...
 
Ok.....so social media has officially taken over my life. I have a Facebook fan page, a Facebook personal page for my friends & family, a twitter, instagram (FOXyCassandra29), a Pinterest, a MySpace hanging out in outer space (is that still around??), and now I've finally given in to the world of blogging.

I've got a lot on my mind, so I thought why not put it in writing in the hopes that even if one person read it and was inspired, that it was all worth it. Or...if nothing else, to document the erratic, chaotic insanity that is inside of my brain, and ultimately is my life.

Obviously I love fashion...but if you're reading this looking for fashion advice only, well...you've come to the wrong blog! "Cassandra's Closet" is both a literal translation and a figurative one. I'm opening the door to what's inside of my closet, and ultimately....inside of my head. (Scary, I know!)

This blog is about so much more. The idea of beauty and fashion emcompasses the latest trends or makeup tips. How to look ten years younger, appear ten pounds slimmer, how to achieve the perfect tan or the perfect updo. Sure, I can show you that.

I'm talking about true beauty. That isn't something that is easily achieved nor easily found for many...the problem is most are looking in the wrong place. How do I know? Well, I've seen it first hand.

The purpose of this blog is to improve our inner beauty, spirit, strength....in order to feel it and exude it in every breath we take. To educate, uplift, and ultimately inspire men, women, the minority and the majority to be better, to live better...to want better. Only then is the final result a beauty in the truest sense.

Cheesy? Maybe....but let me introduce myself. I am a female in a male-dominated industry. I've worked my butt off for nearly a decade achieving what most could only dream of. I've been behind-the-scenes as an associate producer, producer, executive producer of local programming, and in front of the camera as a fashion contributor and now a TV host in morning entertainment & lifestyle programming.

I'm an ordinary girl living an extraordinary life. I say this not to sound self-serving, but to share the intimate secrets it took me most of my career -- and good old blood, sweat, tears and experience to acquire in the hopes it will be that much easier for you.

I certainly hope I didn't lose you already. But, if you're still reading this I must have peaked your interest. So, for those of you still around.....I'd love to share my journey with you....

I encourage your critiques, comments, questions & conversation.

P.S. Put on your seatbelt...it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

~C

3 comments: